OUR Edmonton OPTOMETRIC TEAM
Meet our optometric team in Edmonton, Alberta.
We offer a full range of eye health services to clients of all ages - all with personalized attention and a smile.
In our eye care office, every patient is treated warmly and individualized attention is the foundation of our care, to ensure that your eyes remain healthy.
We're dedicated to optimizing your eye health and vision!
Meet Dr. Moe Tarabey - Optometric Team Near You
Dr. Moe Tarabey attended the University of Alberta, where he received his Bachelor of Science degree with Honours.
He subsequently earned his Doctor of Optometry degree from The InterAmerican University School of Optometry.
Dr. Moe Tarabey is also a member of the Optometric Honour Society, Beta Kappa Sigma and is interested in general primary care optometry and provides comprehensive eye exams in a caring environment.
His special interests in optometry include pediatrics, geriatrics, ocular pathology and contact lenses, Dr. Tarabey has significant expertise in these areas of optometry and keeps abreast all developments and advances.
Dr. Moe Tarabey's extensive experience in optometry is an asset to his patients, and we hope that you visit our clinic at Thompson Optics for a thorough eye exam and assessment of your eye health.
Dr. Avneet Purewal was raised in Edmonton and received a Bachelor of Science Degree from the University of Alberta, following which she moved to Chicago to pursue her Doctor of Optometry from the Illinois College of Optometry.
Upon graduating, Dr Purewal spent some time practicing in Las Vegas before returning to Edmonton. Dr. Purewal especially enjoys working with specialty contact lenses and developing long term relationships with patients as well as their families.
Outside of work, Dr. Purewal loves to travel, watch hockey (Go Oilers!) and explore Edmonton with friends and family!
- Registered optician for over 40 years.
- Founding member of the Alberta contact lens dispensers association.
- Former contact lens program instructor at NAIT.Graduate of the NAIT refraction course.
- Alberta Optician of the year 2005.
- Current member of Johnson & Johnson Professional Affairs Committee.
- Former director of the Alberta College and Opticians Association.
- Participant in NACOR’s National Validation of competencies process.
- Member of the OAC for over 30 years.
- Have worked in optometric, ophthalmologist, independent optical, chain store practices.
- Co-owner of Thompson Optics Ltd for 30 years.
- Have lectured across Canada on numerous occasions.
- Topics include specialty contact lens practice, multifocal contact lenses, scleral lenses, successful optical practice, refraction, clinical complications.
- Member of the Masonic Grand Lodge of Alberta, Member of the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite.Owner/Director of Eyellusion Corp.
- Member of Peruvian Horse Club of Alberta.
- Volunteer for Habitat for Humanity.
- Active mentor for contact lens students.